Careers ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
- Help empower families to free themselves from poverty
- Join a leading provider of microfinance and enterprise development
- Excellent entry level position
- Based in Sydney CBD.
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join the Corporate Services Team in its Head Office in the Sydney CBD. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, self-starter who displays initiative and has the willingness to complete any task in an efficient and effective manner. This is an excellent position for a recent accounting graduate who is looking for an opportunity to increase their skills and progress their career.
We are a small and vibrant team passionate about helping people free themselves from poverty. We cultivate a friendly, professional culture where staff can apply their talents and skills with the knowledge that they are making a real difference.
ABOUT OPPORTUNITY INTERNATIONAL AUSTRALIA
Opportunity International Australia provides small loans and other financial services to families in developing countries to help them build businesses, earn incomes and leave poverty behind. By helping a mother buy a sewing machine to start a tailoring business or a father buy seeds to plant a vegetable garden, small loans enable them to transform their lives, their children’s futures and their communities. With 98% of loans recycled, the impact continues year after year.
We seek an enthusiastic person to join our friendly corporate services team. Reporting to the Accountant, your main responsibilities will include:
- Accounts payable & expense management
- International programs disbursements
- Month end journals, reconciliations and reporting
- Bank reconciliations & petty cash management
- BAS reporting
- Providing ad-hoc support to other Corporate Services functions and projects as required.
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- At least one year’s experience in an accounting role and a degree in accounting
- Very high level of accuracy and meticulous in your attention to detail
- Proactive and flexible – a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and adaptability with a commitment to ‘get things done’
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to the core values and mission of Opportunity; cultural fit with the team and accepting of Opportunity’s Christian motivation.
Opportunity responds to Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor. We seek to emulate the Good Samaritan, whose compassion crossed ethnic groups and religions. We serve all people regardless of race, faith, ethnicity and gender. Successful candidates must be aligned to our mission and values, and understand our motivation.
Remuneration including superannuation and salary packaging available to not-for-profit organisations will be negotiated according to experience.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Criminal Record Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy.
We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a covering letter (explaining why you would like to work for our organisation) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
There is no closing date for applications. Early applications are encouraged.