Careers Office Administrator
Not for Profit Sector
- Use your skills and experience to be part of something significant
- Empower families living in poverty to transform their lives
- Join a leading provider of microfinance and enterprise development
- Full-time position based in Sydney CBD
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing Office Administrator to join its Corporate Services team. We are a small and vibrant team that is passionate about the poor and dedicated to our role in eradicating poverty. We cultivate a friendly, professional culture where staff can apply their talents and skills with the knowledge that they are making a real difference.
- Provide excellent administrative support for high performing teams and management, from greeting visitors and managing reception, meeting rooms and staff areas to catering for Board meetings and events
- Engage with Opportunity’s supporters by phone, email and mail to update their records in our database
- Lead the development and implementation of all administration practices to ensure a smooth running operation
- Manage and book domestic and international flights and accommodation for staff
- Contribute to the safety of the workplace by actively participating in the Work Health and Safety program
- Support administration of premises and IT
- Recruit, induct and train interns and volunteers and provide administrative support
Your skills and attributes
- Pro-active, ‘hands-on’ and confident with strong administrative, organisational and communication skills
- Problem solver, meticulous in your attention to detail with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Flexibility in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You must be computer literate in Outlook, Word and Excel with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Opportunity responds to Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor. We seek to emulate the Good Samaritan, whose compassion crossed ethnic groups and religions. We serve all people regardless of race, faith, ethnicity and gender. Successful candidates must be aligned to our mission, our values and understand our motivation.
Remuneration including superannuation and salary packaging available to not-for-profit organisations will be negotiated according to experience.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a covering letter (explaining why you would like to work for our organisation) to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Applications close Monday 2nd October 2017 at 5.00pm.