Careers People and Culture Manager
- Use your skills and experience to be part of something significant
- Empower families to free themselves from poverty
- Join a leading provider of microfinance and enterprise development
- Part-time role based in Sydney CBD (equivalent to 3 days per week)
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an experienced People & Culture Manager to join the Corporate Services Team in its Head Office in Sydney CBD. This is a part-time role that offers flexibility on the days and hours worked.
We are a small and vibrant team passionate about helping people free themselves from poverty. We cultivate a friendly, professional culture where staff can apply their talents and skills with the knowledge that they are making a real difference.
About Opportunity International Australia
Opportunity International Australia provides small loans to families in developing countries to help them start businesses, earn incomes and leave poverty behind. By helping a mother buy a sewing machine to start a tailoring business or a father buy seeds to plant a vegetable garden, small loans enable them to transform their lives, their children’s futures and their communities. With 98% of loans recycled, the impact continues year after year. Opportunity is motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor, serving all people regardless of their race, faith, ethnicity and gender.
You will be responsible for planning, organising, implementing and managing all aspects of the People & Culture function including:
- Staff recruitment, on-boarding and separation activities
- Policy development and delivery
- Performance management process
- Staff learning and development
- Staff engagement initiatives
- Workplace health and safety.
In this newly created role, you will partner with management to develop and implement strategic people initiatives to ensure that we retain our high performing culture and continue to be a great place to work.
Your Skills and Attributes
You will have:
- Tertiary degree in Human Resources and related experience, preferably in a senior human resource management position
- A strong interest in people, their professional development and personal wellbeing
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Coaching and leadership experience with the ability to build effective relationships and to lead and motivate others
- Commitment to the core values and mission of Opportunity; cultural fit with the team and an understanding of Opportunity’s Christian motivation.
Opportunity responds to Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor. We seek to emulate the Good Samaritan, whose compassion crossed ethnic groups and religions. We serve all people regardless of race, faith, ethnicity and gender. Successful candidates must be aligned to our mission, our values and understand our motivation.
Remuneration including superannuation and salary packaging available to not-for-profit organisations will be negotiated according to experience.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy.
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a covering letter (explaining why you would like to work for our organisation) to email@example.com.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
There is no closing date for applications. Early applications are encouraged.