Careers PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER
- Use your skills and experience to be part of something significant
- Empower families to free themselves from poverty
- Join a leading provider of microfinance and enterprise development
- Part-time role based in Sydney CBD (equivalent to 3 days per week)
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an experienced Program Support Officer to join the Programs Team in its Head Office in Sydney CBD. This is a part-time role that offers flexibility on the days and hours worked.
We are a small and vibrant team, passionate about helping people free themselves from poverty. We cultivate a friendly, professional culture where staff can apply their talents and skills with the knowledge that they are making a real difference.
ABOUT OPPORTUNITY INTERNATIONAL AUSTRALIA
Opportunity International Australia provides small loans to families in developing countries to help them build businesses, earn incomes and free themselves from poverty. By helping a mother buy a sewing machine to start a tailoring business or a father buy seeds to plant a vegetable garden, small loans enable them to transform their lives, their children’s futures and their communities. With 98% of loans recycled, the impact continues year after year. Opportunity is motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor, serving all people regardless of their race, faith, ethnicity and gender.
You will be responsible for maintaining standards of good practice in our international development programs including:
- Policy development and implementation on cross-cutting issues, like gender
- Yearly funding proposals and performance reporting to the Australian Government
- Staff learning and development on standards necessary to maintain accreditation with the Australian Government and ACFID membership
- Child-safe practices.
You will partner with Opportunity’s Relationship and Project Managers to ensure we maintain our high standards in good development practice and our eligibility to access Australian Government funding.
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
You will have:
- Tertiary degree in International Development and related experience in the development sector
- Exceptional written communication, project management, and influencing skills
- The ability to build effective relationships across Opportunity’s programs team and coordinate contributions from them to meet deadlines for submissions
- Commitment to the core values and mission of Opportunity; cultural fit with the team and an understanding of Opportunity’s Christian motivation.
Opportunity responds to Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor. We seek to emulate the Good Samaritan, whose compassion crossed ethnic groups and religions. We serve all people regardless of race, faith, ethnicity and gender. Successful candidates must be aligned to our mission, our values and understand our motivation.
Remuneration including superannuation and salary packaging available to not-for-profit organisations will be negotiated according to experience.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a covering letter (explaining why you would like to work for our organisation) to email@example.com.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
There is no closing date for applications. Early applications are encouraged.