Careers Health Program Manager
Develop, lead and grow a portfolio of initiatives supporting public health and gender violence for people living in poverty in Asia.
- Manage meaningful programs to help end poverty
- Support a dynamic portfolio of program and funding partners
- Join an impactful, highly respected international development organisation
ABOUT OPPORTUNITY INTERNATIONAL AUSTRALIA
Don’t fight poverty. End it. Use your talents to make a difference.
Opportunity International Australia gives families in developing countries the tools they need to work their way out of poverty so they can live safe, healthy lives, send their children to school and create a new future for generations to come. Working alongside our microfinance network, our health program, which currently focusses on public health education, has been an especially critical tool during this pandemic.
Opportunity is part of the global Opportunity Network – a leading provider and pioneer of socially-focused microfinance, that provides life-changing empowering opportunities to millions of families in more than 20 countries around the world.
In this full time role, you’ll be a pivotal member of our Programs team reporting to our Asia Programs Director. You’ll be relationship-oriented with a track record of managing multi-country partnerships and grants. You’ll have project management experience, with an eye for detail, and prior experience managing Australian Government funding and associated obligations.
You’ll be an health entrepreneur with a proven track record in growing an existing portfolio. You’ll influence high net worth individuals to mobilise the resource effort from a global perspective. Once deemed safe again, you’ll travel to connect with partners and projects across Asia.
Benefits and culture
- You’ll be part of a stellar team driven to end poverty
- Salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience
- CBD office space available (Sydney) and ability to work from home
Your skills and attributes
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Masters desirable)
- Previous experience in community health and international development
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategy
- Strong cross-cultural communicator with the ability to develop strong relationships
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record in creating new pathways and partnerships
- Bring a systems thinking approach to develop and challenge our theory of change
- Excellent organisation, administration, analytical, influencing, negotiation and time management skills
- Appreciation and understanding of the potential for digitistaion across health platforms
- Ability to work in alignment with the values of the Chirstian ethos which motivates Opportunity
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume, including contacts for two references with a one page cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please state the job title in the subject heading of your email
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
- References will not be contacted without your permission
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 28 October 2020.
Early applications are encouraged as this position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified.