Careers Assistant Accountant - Part Time
PART-TIME (3 days per week)
- Join a highly respected international development Not for Profit
- Help empower families to free themselves from poverty
- Based in Sydney CBD
About Opportunity International Australia
Opportunity International Australia gives the most marginalised families in developing countries the tools to break the cycle of poverty themselves. Opportunity provides small loans to families to build businesses, earn a regular income, put food on the table and send their kids to school. We give parents school fee loans: school leaders school improvement loans, and families small loans to build toilets and access clean water. We have health education programs in India and Indonesia, a domestic violence counselling service in India and we provide digital services to families in their local dialect on low-cost mobile phones.
Opportunity is looking for a Part-Time Assistant Accountant to join the Corporate Services team in its Head Office in the Sydney CBD. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter who displays initiative and has the willingness to complete any task in an efficient and effective manner. We are a small and vibrant team passionate about helping people free themselves from poverty. We cultivate a friendly, professional culture where staff can apply their talents and skills with the knowledge that they are making a real difference. Flexible hours and days will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Finance and Corporate Services Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Processing accounting transactions and report to comply with accounting standards and laws
- Collaborate effectively within the finance team and the wider organisation to contribute to process improvement opportunities
- Month end journals, reconciliations and reporting
- Analytical reviews
- BAS reporting monthly
- Ad-hoc support to other Corporate Services functions and projects as required.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Undergraduate Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- Financial accounting experience
- Good understanding of accounting principles including accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals and financial reporting
- Advanced computer skills and understanding of Microsoft suite
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive team player who is flexible, adaptable and agile
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with an ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
- Willing to take responsibility for tasks performed
- Commitment to the Christian core values and mission of Opportunity
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- ICA or CPA qualifications highly regarded
- Management accounting experience highly regarded
Opportunity responds to Jesus Christ’s call to love and serve the poor. We seek to emulate the Good Samaritan, whose compassion crossed ethnic groups and religions. We serve all people regardless of race, faith, ethnicity and gender. Successful candidates must be aligned to our mission and values and understand our motivation.
Remuneration including superannuation and salary packaging available to not-for-profit organisations will be negotiated according to experience.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a covering letter (explaining why you would like to work for our organisation) to email@example.com
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Early applications are encouraged. Applications close Friday 17 May 2019.