Careers Digital Coordinator
Opportunity International Australia is seeking a skilled and passionate Digital Coordinator. This new role will provide digital support to the organisation through the management of Opportunity’s website and online platforms, implementing digital activity including social media, digital and email marketing, and overseeing digital communications channels.
About Opportunity International Australia
Opportunity International Australia gives families in developing countries the tools they need to work their way out of poverty so they can live safe, healthy lives, send their children to school and create a new future for generations to come.
Opportunity is part of the global Opportunity Network – a leading provider and pioneer of socially-focused microfinance, that provides life changing empowering opportunities to millions of families in more than 22 countries around the world.
Working with the National Communications Manager and the National Marketing Manager, the Digital Coordinator will provide a key digital function to support the overall goals of the Philanthropy Department within Opportunity International Australia.
The Digital Coordinator will use their website skills and experience to manage Opportunity’s website platforms (MODX, Online Express and Peer-2-Peer) and SEO/SEM. They will implement social media content and provide analysis and insight into performance; oversee and implement digital marketing activity including paid digital advertising and manage lead generation.
Additionally, the Digital Coordinator will manage Opportunity’s eCommunications including build and deploy eNewsletters, Prayer letters, fundraising appeals and other EDMs; and manage Opportunity’s media library.
- Website Management (including web page builds) and SEO/SEM
- Social Media Management
- Digital Marketing
- Media/Video library
Benefits and culture
- You’ll be part of a stellar team driven to end poverty
- Salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience
- Sydney CBD office space available and ability to work from home
Your skills and attributes
- Degree qualification in digital or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a digital role, or similar
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse and critically evaluate both written and visual content, optimising for increased engagement
- Eye for visual excellence and cohesive branding
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Digital and social media marketing qualifications
- Experience working with a corporate or non-profit organisation
- Using Sprout Social (preferred) or Hootsuite for scheduling
- Advanced Adobe Create Suite skills, with a particular emphasis on InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience building and managing email communications (Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp preferred)
- SEO, SEM experience and Google AdWords
- CRM experience with Raiser’s Edge (RE)
Your confident, proactive, mature and professional approach, coupled with the ability to work in alignment with the values of the Christian ethos that motivates Opportunity, will be key to your success.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume, including contacts for two references, with a one page cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the job title in the subject heading of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. References will not be contacted without your permission.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 16 September 2020. Early applications are encouraged as this position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified.