Careers Financial Accountant – Contract
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to work within our Corporate Services team based in the Sydney CBD.
This contract role is a great opportunity for a person seeking flexible working hours or someone seeking to return to the workforce. It is anticipated the contract will be a minimum of 3 months (commencing from February).
As a member of the Corporate Services team, this role reports to the Finance Manager and will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
About Opportunity International Australia
Opportunity International Australia gives families in developing countries the tools they need to work their way out of poverty so they can live safe, healthy lives, send their children to school and create a new future for generations to come.
Opportunity is part of the global Opportunity Network – a leading provider and pioneer of socially-focused microfinance, that provides a hand up to millions of families in more than 20 countries around the world.
- Consolidation of the Opportunity Group (includes overseas majority owned subsidiary)
- Equity accounting of associates (held within overseas majority owned subsidiary)
- Implementation of new accounting standards (AASB 16 lease accounting in particular)
- Preparation of Annual Accounts for Opportunity International Australia Limited and Opportunity International Australia Capital Management
- Monthly financial close (including reconciliations) and management reporting
- Monthly revenue and channel reporting
Your skills and attributes
- At least 4 years professional experience
- CPA or ICA qualification
- Current technical accounting exposure
- Familiar with Financial Edge or similar accounting systems
- Experienced in consolidation, equity accounting and accounting for minorities
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and ability to manage competing expectations and needs within a diverse team
- High standards of execution and ability to follow and develop efficient processes
- International and cross-cultural experience within the not-for-profit sector
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 17 February. Early applications are encouraged as this position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified.