Careers Financial Accountant - Full-Time
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to work within our Corporate Services team based in the Sydney CBD.
As a member of the Corporate Services team, this role reports to the Finance Manager and will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
About Opportunity International Australia
We believe that ending poverty is the single most significant thing we can accomplish in our lifetime. There are currently two billion families around the world living in poverty, surviving on less than a few dollars a day and lacking access to essential services like healthcare and education and living in communities susceptible to domestic violence and people trafficking.
Meanwhile, COVID-19 is affecting us all, but is devastating vulnerable communities.
Families living in poverty without savings, healthcare and a reliable income are most affected by COVID-19. Maintaining a reliable income to access food and healthcare will be even more challenging in the coming months. For families living in poverty—many of whom already rely on intermittent work—this could mean months without a sole income source. Opportunity’s work is more important now than ever.
With more than 45 years’ experience, Opportunity International Australia is ending poverty in developing countries –one family and one community at a time. By providing small loans to families in need, Opportunity helps them grow their own businesses and generate sustainable incomes so they can lift themselves out of poverty with dignity. To break the cycle of poverty for good, Opportunity also increases families’ access to healthcare and quality education, while strengthening communities to reduce the risk of human trafficking and domestic violence–creating a new future for generations to come.
Please join us to not just fight poverty, but to end it.
- Monthly GST reconciliation and BAS preparation
- Monthly preparation of FBT salary forms and staff reimbursement files for associated payroll functions
- Monthly review of expenses and credit card expenditure reconciliation
- Monthly financial close (including month end reconciliations) and management reporting
- Monthly revenue and channel reporting
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of the monthly operating statement and reports, the Annual Review, and Annual Statutory accounts
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
Your skills and attributes
- Have at least two (2) years professional experience
- CPA or ICA qualification or pathway towards certification
- Current technical accounting exposure
- Familiar with Financial Edge or similar accounting systems
- Experienced in consolidation, equity accounting and accounting for minorities
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and ability to manage competing expectations and needs within a diverse team
- High standards of execution and ability to follow and develop efficient processes
- International and cross-cultural experience within the not-for-profit sector
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email to email@example.com:
Your resume, including contacts for two references with a one page cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Opportunity and how your skill set/experience suit the core responsibilities of this role.
- Please state the job title in the subject heading of your email
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
- References will not be contacted without your permission
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 17 March 2021.
Early applications are encouraged as this position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified.