Careers Grants & Reports Specialist
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an experienced Grants & Reports Specialist to work within our Philanthropy team. Based in the Sydney CBD, this exciting role will coordinate and prepare our twice-yearly Program Impact Reports; write and submit appropriate grant proposals; and write tailored proposals for significant supporters who are seeking to support Opportunity’s work in a specific way.
As a member of the Philanthropy Team, this role reports directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and will work closely with the National Development Manager, National Communications Manager, National Marketing Manager, and the CEO, all of whom are located in Sydney. Additionally, this role will work with the Development team, comprised of State Managers in Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland; and develop strong working relationships with program partners in-country.
The successful candidate will be a key link between our programs and philanthropy team and play a key role in contributing to the development and implementation of the Opportunity’s fundraising strategy and provide key insight into program implementation and impact to aid the Communications, Marketing and Development team.
About Opportunity International Australia
There are currently two billion people worldwide living in poverty – defined as earning less than US$3.20 per day. The pressures that keep people in poverty are enormous, often holding families in poverty for generations. Yet simple interventions can help a family break free from the cycle of poverty and create lasting change for them and for generations to come.
Poverty is a complex issue and requires a complex set of interventions to systematically move people out of it. Working with local partners in-country, we target the three biggest obstacles that keep people trapped in poverty: finance, health and education. We provide small loans for people to start sustainable businesses that generate regular income; we improve health, sanitation and nutrition so illnesses don’t stop people from running their business; and we support better education so that future generations can continually build upon those foundations and move their family further away from poverty.
With more than 45 years’ experience, Opportunity International Australia exists to give families the tools they need to work their way out of poverty. Our work is motivated by the love of God towards all people as seen in the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Please join us to not just fight poverty, but to end it.
- Coordinate and write twice-yearly Program Impact Reports (February–April and August–October) to provide essential data for grants, proposals, marketing and communications
- Develop strong working relationships with program partners in-country
- Manage Opportunity’s Grants Strategy
- Identify new funding opportunities
- Refine and develop existing grant strategy to align with Opportunity’s program work
- Write and submit grants
- Incorporate feedback and learnings to increase success rate of grant submissions
- Identify, write and submit tailored proposals to major supporters who are seeking to fund Opportunity in a specific way
- Determine program needs suitable for specific funding opportunities
Your skills and attributes
- Demonstrated experience in report writing
- Demonstrated experience in grants and proposal writing
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising at a strategic level
- Strong critical thinking skills – being able to analyse information presented and make judgement calls in the best interest of Opportunity International Australia
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills – ability to organise, multi-task and prioritise to ensure key responsibilities are completed and deadlines met
- Flexible and adaptable to change and shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and ability to manage competing expectations and needs within a diverse team
- High standards of execution and ability to follow and develop efficient processes
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity International Australia; cultural fit with the team and an understanding and appreciation of Opportunity’s Christian motivation
- International and cross-cultural experience within the not-for-profit sector
- InDesign and/or web CMS knowledge and experience
- A graduate or post-graduate degree in professional writing or international development/international relations or similar
This role would suit a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in Communications in Development or Business or relevant field with at least five years of professional experience in communications, fundraising, research or relationship management within the not-for-profit or corporate sector.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 4 October 2019.
Early applications are encouraged as this important position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified.