Careers Graphic Design Intern
Graphic Design Intern
12 month paid program – part-time (2 days per week)
Join an impactful, highly respected international development organisation and become a crucial member of the Marketing and Communication team, taking on graphic design projects.
About Opportunity International Australia
Opportunity supports families in developing countries to access the tools they need to work their way out of poverty so they can live safe, healthy lives, keep their children in school and create a brighter future for generations to come.
Our programs include microfinance – providing loans to help women build small businesses and secure sustainable incomes – health, education and protection from gender-based violence and human trafficking.
Our vision is a world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve a life free from poverty, with dignity and purpose.
What you'll be doing
The Graphic Design Intern will assist the Marketing and Communication teams in telling the stories of the people we serve. You’ll provide regular graphic design support as we create collateral and update existing materials and fulfill many internal design requests. Duties may include creating shareable graphics, content for socials, posters, brochures, proposals, forms, infographics and presentations.
This part-time role (two days per week) is based in our Sydney office (near Hyde Park) and would suit a graphic designer building their portfolio and wanting to contribute to alleviating poverty in the world.
The regular tasks which the graphic design intern will be involved in are:
- Creating graphics and design elements for socials and publications and appeals
- Updating communications and marketing collateral in line with our style guide
- Updating existing PowerPoint presentations and proposals
- Social media and basic website design
Skills and attributes
- Confident, proactive, mature and professional approach, coupled with the ability to work in alignment with the values of the Christian ethos that motivates Opportunity
- Initiative, and the ability to work independently while part of a team
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Well organised and meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and cooperative, with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in InDesign, PhotoShop and Canva
- Photo editing a bonus
Why work with us
You’ll be contributing to the alleviation of poverty for women in Asia by helping us to share the impact of our work with supporters. You’ll be joining a dedicated and talented team who will support you and help you develop your talents, and you’ll gaining experience in international development.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume with a one-page cover letter explaining why you would like to intern at Opportunity to email@example.com.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted immediately, with a closing date of Friday 4 February 2022.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.