Careers Relationship Manager – NSW
- Full time, permanent role
- Turn your success into significance
- Help break the cycle of poverty for families living in developing countries
- Hybrid working, based Sydney CBD, a culture of respect & caring
- Awarded Voice Project Best Place to Work 2021
About Opportunity International Australia
Motivated by the parable of the Good Samaritan, Opportunity International Australia seeks to alleviate poverty in developing countries – one family and one community at a time. By providing small loans to families in need, Opportunity helps them grow their own businesses and generate sustainable incomes so they can lift themselves out of poverty with dignity. To break the cycle of poverty for good, Opportunity also increases families’ access to healthcare and quality education, while strengthening communities to reduce the risk of human trafficking and domestic violence – creating a new future for generations to come.
Opportunity International Australia is part of the global Opportunity Network – a leading provider and pioneer of microfinance, providing a hand up to millions of families in more than 20 countries around the world.
You’ll be a pivotal member of our national Philanthropy team reporting to an inspiring, passionate National Development Manager, you will lead relationship across NSW. As a natural self-starter, you’ll nurture relationships with individual supporters (70%), businesses (20%), grant managers and trustees (10%), and inspire them to give generously to help families lift themselves out of poverty. This program currently sits close to $1m income.
You’ll use your authentic relationship style to take our reach and influence to the next level through awesome presentations, proposals and life-changing events. You’ll be based in Sydney and eager to collaborate with the team in the CBD office 3 days per week. You’ll occasionally travel regionally to connect with supporters. Sometimes you’ll travel overseas to see for yourself how your passion and drive are helping families build lives free from poverty.
- Research, qualify & cultivate a pipeline of prospective supporters
- Build, manage & strengthen a portfolio of major gift supporters (individuals, businesses, grant managers, trustees, and advisors) with varying levels of financial support & engagement
- Work collaboratively with Programs team to identify projects & pitch these funders
- Work collaboratively to conceive & host events & activities to progress the supporter journey (e.g. presentations, volunteering, Insight Trips)
- Appropriate representation at forums & meetings including speaking at schools, churches, business, expos & conferences
- Record & maintain supporter information & activities in Raiser’s Edge CRM database
Your skills and attributes
You will have strong business acumen, be a strong communicator (written & verbally) in both corporate and personal settings, be creative and experienced building long standing relationships within your team and with supporters.
You’ll be motivated to discover new potential supporters and nurture mutually beneficial relationships. You value accurate data and the use of a CRM to keep information up-to-date.
Your confident, proactive, mature and professional approach, coupled with your alignment of the values of the Christian ethos that motivates Opportunity, will be key to your success.
If you have demonstrated success in a revenue driven relationship sales role or are looking to step up in your fundraising career, then we want to hear from you!
Benefits and culture
- You’ll be part of a stellar team driven to end poverty
- Salary packaging benefits
- Extremely supportive team
- Opportunity to travel to the field to see the programs & impact of your work
- Dedicated health and wellbeing committee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Twice yearly offsite staff retreats
- Option to purchase additional leave
- Awarded Voice Project Best Place to Work 2021
How to apply
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and will need to have a minimum of 3 COVID-19 vaccinations.
If you would like to apply for this role submit an up-to-date resume (and a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying, if you haven’t worked in fundraising previously) through the ‘Apply’ option or to Rebecca@beaumontpeople.com.au
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact, Rebecca Robinson on 02 5629 7213 (Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri). Applications will be reviewed regularly as there is no closing date for this role.
Opportunity is committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that values people’s differences and provides opportunities/provisions for all staff to achieve their full potential. We encourage people with disabilities and people from other diverse backgrounds to apply.