Volunteer Video Production Internship
Video Production Internship
Start date is the week of 18 March 2019
Opportunity is a not-for-profit organisation committed to ending poverty through smart, scalable and sustainable development practices. Our Fundraising team, based in the Sydney CBD, is supported by skilled interns who provide valuable assistance in specific areas.
This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with significant learning opportunities and work experience within a high-performing NGO. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
Video Production interns are based in the Communications team and work closely with the Marketing and broader Fundraising teams to ensure regular, creative and effective video content is produced and shared with our online and offline audiences. The successful applicant will provide editing, planning and basic filming support for Opportunity’s fundraising activities and be involved with the creative brainstorming and strategic planning for future films and video footage.
Regular staff and intern training sessions will help the successful applicant develop essential skills and provide greater insight into the non-profit sector.
- Storyboarding and concept creation
- Basic editing of short films in iMovie or Premiere
- Assisting with filming and setting up film projects
- Reviewing, converting and filing footage
- Logging and categorising footage within Opportunity’s Media Library
- Managing Opportunity’s YouTube channel
- Assisting with workflow associated with external video production contract
- Basic animation (GIFs, short videos) — if skilled
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Communications and Marketing teams as well as general staff meetings, and will undertake training with interns from other departments within the organisation.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, 2-3 days a week over a period of 18 weeks in our Sydney office
- Strong video production skills (studying video production at university, TAFE or college OR have a substantial video portfolio)
- Demonstrated experience in successfully designing to a specific brief
- Thorough knowledge of iMovie and Adobe Premiere (or Final Cut Pro, if able to bring own device), preferably using a Macintosh computer
- Working knowledge of YouTube
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Personal access to a Mac computer with preferred video editing software would be helpful, but is not essential.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to our Child Protection Policy. Some roles will require a Volunteer Working with Children Check.
How to apply
To apply for the voluntary Video Production Internship, email firstname.lastname@example.org your:
- Cover letter (no more than one page)
- Link to your online portfolio
In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role.
Please note that applications without a cover letter or portfolio will not be considered.
Applications close Sunday 24 February 2019. Intern start date is the week of 18 March 2019.
Applications will be considered as they are received – early applications are encouraged.