17 MILLION PEOPLE REACHED WITH OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
The outpouring of support from our community in Australia, as well as support from the Opportunity International network, enabled us to respond quickly to the most urgent needs of families living in poverty. Thanks to the generosity of our Opportunity family, we worked with our local partners with existing, trusted networks in communities to pivot our services and deliver crucial healthcare, emergency relief and support during the worst of the pandemic.
Opportunity has provided urgent interventions, reaching more than 17 million people in India, Indonesia, and Nepal through:
- mass COVID-19 vaccination hubs
- primary healthcare support
- countering vaccine misinformation
- community health training on COVID-19 prevention and identification
- food ration kits and medicine to support safe isolation and treatment at home
- remote care through telemedicine
- crucial small business loans to help families restart businesses, restore livelihoods and rebuild beyond COVID-19.
FROM COVID RESPONSE TO COVID RESILIENCE
As things continue to improve in Australia, families in the countries where we work in Asia are still struggling to get back on their feet after COVID-19 obliterated their income sources, sent shock waves through economies, health and education systems and created a ‘shadow pandemic’ of domestic violence and human trafficking.
More than a year into our response to this health crisis in Asia, Opportunity is focusing on supporting families living in poverty to build COVID-19 resilience.
By leveraging our local program partners to deliver vaccinations, improve access to social services and provide vocational training for youth, along with access to small loans, together we can help to rebuild COVID resilient communities.