INDIA IS BEING CRUSHED BY COVID-19... AND WE NEED YOU.
Great news! Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we have now reached our match target!
However, it’s not too late to make a difference this end of financial year. Donate to our India COVID-19 Appeal and help families in desperate need survive COVID-19.
All donations are tax-deductible.
India’s second wave of COVID-19 is devastating families and communities throughout the country.
Families living in poverty are the hardest hit. For many, COVID-19 has had the same impact on them as a natural disaster or war. They have lost loved ones, and because of past lockdowns decimating their livelihoods, many don’t know how, or if, they will eat today – let alone keep themselves safe from infection.
Far more than a health pandemic, this is in fact a humanitarian crisis.
What we're doing
Opportunity is using our established program partners on the ground in India to offer urgent health-based responses and address the underlying issues of poverty in order to strengthen the most vulnerable families and communities. With your support, we can continue to help families survive this pandemic and rebuild into the future, through:
- Campaigns to prevent infection and tackle misinformation through SMS, WhatsApp, posters, voice messages and in-person meetings where possible
- Distributing food ration kits and medicine for those with mild symptoms or exposure to COVID-19
- Providing remote care through telemedicine (via helpline and mobile app) to manage COVID-19 cases and mental health
- Setting up basic care beds equipped with oxygen in partner offices to provide care for people with worsening COVID-19 symptoms
- Establishing a temporary ambulance service for critical cases to get to hospital
- Providing crucial small business loans to help families restart businesses, restore livelihoods and rebuild beyond COVID-19
- Collaborating with local governments to organise and facilitate vaccination camps to expedite mass vaccinations.
Please, this end of financial year, can you help families in desperate need survive COVID-19?
I would like to give: